Schools’ Multimedia Competition
Reconciliation is once again excited to be holding a Primary and Secondary School competition to celebrate National Reconciliation Week for 2020.
With current gathering restrictions in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the varying arrangements regarding homeschooling during term 2. Reconciliation SA is taking this opportunity to explore different and creative ways to engage people in activities and messaging around reconciliation.
Who can enter the competition?
Any (public or private) primary or secondary school can participate in the competition. Only one entry per school is permitted.
What does the winning school receive?
The winning school will receive the commissioning of an Aboriginal Art Mural at their school to value of $2000, which will be themed in the 2020 NRW ‘In This Together’.
What does the competition entail?
This competition is aimed at promoting National Reconciliation Week 2020 in learning environments across South Australia. Entrants will be asked to submit a their creative response to the following questions:
1. Why do you think the theme for NRW 2020 “In This Together” is important when we think about reconciliation?
2. What does this (or could this) look like in your school?
Entries can be complied in any creative way to abides by current social gathering and distancing restrictions, some examples may include the use of various multi-media platforms, such as, iMovie’s; TikTok exhibition, virtual world tours, digital piece of collaborative art work, recording of a zoom discussion/debate, dance performance recorded via zoom.
What are the important dates?
- The competition will run throughout Term 2
- Entries will need to be received in week six no later than 5pm Wednesday 03 June 2020 (this is Mabo Day, and the final day of National Reconciliation Week).
- The winner will be announced publicly on 11 June 2020, which is also an important date. On 11 June 1988 the Barunga Statement was presented to the then Prime Minister Bob Hawke.
How can we send our entry in?
Please submit all entries to Reconciliation SA Drop Box here
To download a copy of the T&Cs and an entry form, click here.
Please contact email@example.com for further information and support.