We have extended the due date for the Film Competition, submissions are now due COB 4th June 2021
Reconciliation South Australia’s Film Competition
We are excited to be holding a Primary and Secondary School competition to celebrate National Reconciliation Week for 2021.
Reconciliation SA encourages ALL students (First Nation and non-First Nation) to work together in producing a film that embraces the theme of Reconciliation week 2021 “More than a word. Reconciliation takes Action”.
You can submit a fictional story, a documentary, an interview with important people in your school, an animation, you could film yourselves doing a dance, contributing to a group artwork or so much more.
The possibilities are endless – the only rule is to get it on film and submit it using the entry requirements below.
Who is encouraged to enter
Reception to year 12 – teams of First Nation and non-First Nation students working together.
Theme for the entry must be the 2021 NRW theme of
“More than words – Reconciliation takes action”
Length – 3 to 5 minutes
Aspect Ratio – 16:9
- 2160p: 3840×2160
- 1440p: 2560×1440
- 1080p: 1920×1080
- 720p: 1280×720
Applicants for this competition will assist their school in undertaking activities that:
- Provide opportunities for First Nation and non-First Nation peoples to come together in shared learning opportunities.
- Contribute to ongoing positive relationships between First Nation peoples and the education community.
- Increase opportunities for First Nations cultural appreciation activities within the learning environment.
- Ensuring that First Nation and non-First Nation peoples are involved in the planning, design, and delivery of the multimedia production.
- Encourage students to be creative with their multimedia productions for example time lapses, songs, animation, dance.
To be eligible for this funding you must be a South Australian:
- Department for Education Primary or Secondary School
- AISSA Primary or Secondary School
- CESA Primary or Secondary School
The panel will judge the film on the following criteria:
- Does the film meet entry requirements?
- Is there a clear vision and understanding of reconciliation in the film?
- Is the film original and creative?
- Feature article on Reconciliation SA website on winning team
- Schools Wall Mural to the value of $2,000 with a First Nation artist/s and biography piece about artist/s
Submit your film to our dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/request/w48yP4CE5DvqJ5pIFOkj
The competition closes on Friday 21st May 2021.